Class Date: April 1
Class Time: 2:00pm-4:00pm
Perfect for beginners or practitioners looking to reestablish proper alignment, Lauren's Yoga 101 Workshop will help you make the most of your yoga practice. Come to learn more about the basics of yoga including core philosophies of this ancient tradition, introductory breathing practices, proper alignment techniques and how props can support a safe practice.
This two-hour workshop provides a safe, supportive environment where you can ask plenty of questions as we dive deeper into the following topics:
- A brief history of yoga, The Eight Limbs of Yoga (the poses are just one), and a modern perspective
- Basic breathing technique of Ujjayi or "Ocean" breath
- Foundations of and safe modifications for the 10 most common poses in a Hatha or Vinyasa style class:
- Standing Mountain
- Sun Salutations
- Downward Facing Dog
- Low Plank (Chatturanga)
- Cobra and Upward Facing Dog
- Warrior 1
- Warrior 2
- Supported Shoulder
- Introduction into yoga props and how blankets, blocks and straps can make your practice a little bit sweeter
In the last half hour, we'll bring everything together with a gentle flow. Following this workshop, you'll have new tools and techniques to take onto the mat and new students will feel ready for their first Beginner or All-Level class.
*This workshop is usually taught in studio (see dates/location above), but private in-home sessions can also be arranged.